Launched in 2014, the Biomedical Engineering in Simulations, Imaging, and Modeling (BME-SIM) Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU) Site has provided research experiences for 76 undergraduates from all over the country.
The goal of the BME-SIM REU program is to provide authentic research experiences to undergraduates, specifically underrepresented and underserved students; thus, increasing awareness of and application to graduate school.
At the end of the program participants should achieve the following five outcomes:
- improved understanding of how to conduct research;
- increased awareness of graduate school;
- clarification and reinforcement of STEM career path;
- greater identification as engineer/scientist; and
- increased leadership capacities.
Thank you for your interest in the BME-SIM. Take a look around. We look forward to your application.
The BME-SIM REU Site is funded by the National Science Foundation under EEC-1359183, EEC-1659796, EEC-1950507.