About the Department
On This Page
The Department of Construction Management at East Carolina University offers both an undergraduate and a graduate degree in the field of construction management. These programs provide students with knowledge and skills necessary to enter the construction industry. As construction managers, our graduates plan, organize and control construction projects of various types and sizes.
To be a national model for student success, public service, and regional transformation, East Carolina University:
- Uses innovative learning strategies and delivery methods to maximize access;
- Prepares students with the knowledge, skills, and values to succeed in a global, multicultural society;
- Develops tomorrow’s leaders to serve and inspire positive change;
- Discovers new knowledge and innovations to support a thriving future for eastern North Carolina and beyond;
- Transforms health care, promotes wellness, and reduces health disparities; and
- Improves quality of life through cultural enrichment, academics, the arts, and athletics.
The Department of Construction Management is a professional program of education that responds to the changing needs of the greater communities of Eastern Carolina, our state and the changing world through a scholarly approach of basic and applied research, quality teaching, and service in the field of construction.
We will obtain those goals by:
- Preparing students for success.
- Creating future leaders in society.
- Building construction knowledge in service to the profession and public.
- Promoting a sustainable environment for the safety and welfare of people.
- Fostering and sustaining a collegial environment where learning and sharing of ideas can occur.
The curriculum and admissions requirements for the Construction Management Undergraduate program are described in this document: