Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering Technology
The BS in Industrial Engineering Technology (IET) program will prepare you to apply basic engineering principles and technical skills in the improvement of processes in production and service environments. This includes instruction in process and productivity improvement, production operations, inventory control, operations management, cost and capital project analysis, plant layout, work planning, quality systems and statistical quality control.
You can pursue a career in the field of manufacturing or service areas such as facilities management. In addition, the curriculum prepares you for graduate study in the Master of Science degree in Technology Systems, Occupational Safety, Business, Operations Management, and similar areas.
Graduates are also well-versed in the establishment of systems, systems analysis, electronics and instrumentation, computer-aided design and manufacturing, programmable logic controllers, electronics, hydraulic and pneumatic control systems, robotics, and automation.
Graduates from this program are hired as industrial engineers/technologists, productivity improvement specialists, process and quality control engineers, and for overall management in manufacturing and service industries. The program employs an application-oriented hands-on approach to allow students to learn and practice skills in communications, teamwork, problem solving, management, and leadership. Knowledge of lean manufacturing, lean enterprise and Six Sigma are also cornerstones of the program. A capstone project is conducted in the final semester by students to validate concepts learned. After successfully completing the capstone project, many students from the program are offered full-time employment where they have conducted their project work. The BS in IET degree will qualify you for career choices as:
- Industrial Engineering Technologist
- Industrial Engineer
- Operations Manager
- Technical Sales Manager
- Project Engineer
- Chief Executive Officer
- Six Sigma Black Belt
- Production Manager
- VP of Operations
- Business Unit Manager
- Lean Coordinator & Champion
Students in our program work with faculty who possess a wealth of industrial and workplace experience in engineering, manufacturing, and operations management. To maintain their skills in this dynamic field, our faculty continue to conduct research and consult with professionals in business and industry. Their background and experience are brought into the classroom to provide content that focuses on solving real-world problems and projects.
The worksheet below can be used to assist prospective students transferring from a North Carolina Community College to determine the equivalent coursework designed for this program. Questions concerning transferring into this program can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The BS in Industrial Engineering Technology degree equips students with knowledge of engineering technology principles through hands-on experiences for management careers in industrial and technical services, process excellence, project management, and production processes by utilizing quality systems, robotics, automation, and mechatronics.
- Graduates utilize mathematical, statistical, and industrial engineering tools to provide holistic solutions to operational problems for business and industry.
- Graduates design and establish systems to integrate people, capital, equipment, materials, technology, and information, with consideration for ethical, economic, environmental, health and safety, social, and political issues.
- Graduates continuously improve systems, products, processes, and services with emphasis on quality, productivity, and competitiveness.
- Graduates engage in lifelong learning.
- Graduates are effective team members and team leaders on multi-disciplinary teams.
- Graduates communicate technical and business ideas and concepts graphically, orally, and in writing.
The IET graduate will demonstrate the achievement of the following:
- Mastery of the knowledge, techniques, skills, and modern tools of industrial engineering technology.
- Ability to identify, analyze, and solve technical problems.
- Ability to analyze, design, maintain, and continuously improve systems and processes.
- An ability to communicate effectively.
- An ability to function effectively on teams in a global environment.
- Commitment to understand professional, ethical, environmental, and social responsibilities.
- Ability to manage and lead.
The Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering Technology is accredited by