Meet the College’s New Research Manager

Name: Mira Mihajlovich

Official title: Research Manager (Pre-Award)

Hometown: Mishawaka, IN

Where did you work prior to coming to the College?  I have eight years of research administration experience at three institutions: Arizona State University, the University of Notre Dame (where I worked with College of Engineering faculty preparing and submitting grant proposals), and the University of Tennessee Health Science Center.

What will you be doing for the College?  I will assist faculty with proposal submissions – the first point of contact for help with budgets, RAMses, interpretation of funding announcements, document review.

Why did you choose to come to ECU? I looked forward to the opportunity to work collaboratively with faculty and administration in the College, as well as REDE (Research, Economic Development and Engagement) administration and staff to continue building the research enterprise at ECU.  I enjoy living in a college town, and North Carolina is a lovely state.  Besides, who wouldn’t want to be a Pirate?!

What would people be surprised to learn about you?  I’m pretty much an open book, but I guess I would say that the most surprising thing might be that I have sung opera duets in a recital (two in French, three in Italian), and have performed in an acapella choir that focused on Slavic music.