Meet the College’s New Academic Advisor

Name: Laura Etheridge

Official title: Academic Advisor 

Hometown: Virginia Beach, Virginia

Where did you work before coming to the College?  I worked as an admissions counselor in ECU’s Office of Undergraduate Admissions. My primary focus was with our transfer population where I focused my recruiting efforts on the North Carolina Community Colleges, specifically the southeast region of the state (Raleigh to Wilmington). Before my time in Undergraduate Admissions, I worked in ECU’s Graduate School and supported the physician assistant studies program.

What will you be doing for the College of Engineering and Technology?  I will advise prospective and current students within the College’s Department of Computer Science. I will work closely with my colleagues and the department to make sure students are well advised, and their academic needs are met.

Why did you choose to come to ECU? I bleed purple and gold! I attended ECU for my undergraduate and graduate studies. Throughout my graduate career, I was blessed with so many opportunities to work with faculty and staff within the area of student services. This period is when I fell in love with higher education and realized I had a desire to see students succeed while loving ECU as much as I did as a college student!

What would people be surprised to learn about you? I took a semester off in graduate school to backpack around Europe with my best friend. We went to nine different countries in nine weeks. I highly recommend traveling and experiencing as many different cultures as possible!