Hands-on learning is one of the key components to all of our programs. Our philosophy is “hands on, early on.” During your first year, you’ll be in hands-on learning labs to supplement classroom lectures. You’ll like being able to apply what you’ve learned in a real-world setting.
You’ll have access to CET laboratories that are used to support our four departments’ instructional courses, as well as the research and development work conducted by our faculty. To help you innovate, we have over 40 laboratories that encompass over 35,000 square feet. Click here to learn more about our laboratories.
The laboratories are maintained by our college lab supervisors, who provide the following support:
- Interact with faculty and chairs as required to support the College instructional laboratories.
- Ensure assigned laboratories are in an effective operational condition to support course expectations and outcomes.
- Interact with CET departments and other colleges within the university to support effective delivery of lab instruction.
- Participate in the development of laboratory policies.
- Ensure all lab attendees follow our CET Safety Policy.
- Demonstrate laboratory procedures to students and provide laboratory instrument training.
- Provide continuous improvement to our labs by adding next generation lab equipment.